1. The Architectural Control Committee (the "ACC") shall consist of 3 members,
none of which may be a member of the Board of
2. All ACC members shall be owners of homes in the Association.
3. ACC members shall be appointed by the Board of Trustees, and shall
serve for a term of one year. The Committee shall appoint an individual
to serve as Chair. There shall be no limitation as to repeated terms.
4. ACC members shall serve at the discretion of the Board of
Trustees and may be removed at any time with or without cause.
5. All documents reviewed and/or generated by the ACC are property of
the Association and must be returned upon request.
6. The ACC shall make recommendations on the external design,
appearances, use and maintenance of the property in accordance with the
Declaration, By-Laws, and rules and regulations.
7. The duties and powers of the ACC, and the procedures followed by
the ACC are governed by the Governing Documents as set forth in Article
XV, Sections 1-6 of the By-Laws, and reprinted below:
The Board of Trustees may establish an Architectural Control Committee ("ACC"),
consisting of three members appointed by the Board of Trustees,
each to serve for a term of one year, to ensure that the Community shall always be maintained in a manner:
(1) providing for visual harmony and soundness of repair;
(2) avoiding activities deleterious to the aesthetic or property values of the
(3) furthering the comfort of the Members, their guests, invitees and lessees; and
(4) promoting the general welfare and safety of the Community.
8. The Architectural Guidelines which shall be used by the ACC are set forth
in Article VI, Section 2 of the Declaration.
9. In addition to the duties and authority of the ACC as set forth in the
Governing Documents, the duties of the ACC are at the request of the Board of
A. Review applications for modifications, which shall include (a) Exterior of
buildings - awnings, canopies, shutters, fences, mailboxes, satellite dishes,
lighting; (b) Additions - patios; ( c) Landscaping - modifications to existing
beds, creating new beds, exterior lighting in the beds, lawn/planting bed
B. Make recommendations to the Board of Trustees on the ACC's
interpretations of the restrictions and rules and regulations as
they relate to architectural issues and exterior modifications
C. Assist the Board of Trustees with formulating new policies
regarding Architectural Restrictions (e.g., storm doors, holiday
decorations, sheds, etc.)
10. Any funds expended by the ACC Committee must be approved in writing by
the Board of Trustees. Reimbursements for funds expended shall be made only if
the expenditure was approved in advance.
11. The ACC is empowered to make recommendations of approval or disapproval
for any modification request to the Board of trustees in accordance with this
Exhibit "A" and with Board of Trustee assent. The ACC has no power to act on
behalf of or to bind the Association. ACC members shall not sign any agreements,
contracts, correspondence or other documents on behalf of the Association; such
documents shall be provided to the Board of Trustees for review and execution.